The municipality Falkensee in the district of Nauen were city rights on 5 October 1961 during the 12th District Congress of the SED by deed of 7 Awarded in October 1961, shortly after the Wall was built on 13 August 1961.
Falkensee is the largest garden city with the best air conditions due to adjacent nature reserves, such as the Döberitzer Heide with 3442 ha and the Spandau Forest with 1347 ha. With the function of an unobstructed fresh air corridor for Berlin are among the finest and most diverse conservation areas around Berlin. This wealth is the way unintentional thanks to the military, which the heathen used as a military training area for centuries and remained as an overdevelopment of the land and a fragmentation in agricultural fields omitted.
In addition to the naturally healthy fresh air climatic conditions, the excellent infrastructure links Falkensee plays an important role. This is especially evident in the good road and rail links to Berlin. Also within the city itself has done a lot, so soft increasingly neglected in recent times buildings. A new campus hall is under construction, this will replace the current city hall in the sporting and social form.
With bicycles you can reach the Döberitzer Heide, the Lindenweiher (lime pond), nature trail at the Old Finkenkrug, the Gutspark, the Falkenhagener Lake and the historical park within a few minutes.
In the center of Falkensee on the Bahnhofstrasse (to the Gutspark ) is needed by bus and on foot about 20 minutes, by car about 5 minutes. There is also the Falkensee train station.
The train station Dallgow-Döberitz is just south on the Gartenstraße in about 20 minutes on foot, by bus in about 10 minutes and by car in about 5 minutes.